How to take care of skin during winter
Different climatic conditions can be harmful to the skin. Human skin can be broadly classified into Normal skin, Dry skin, Sensitive skin, and Oily skin. Here, we will discuss skin care during winters.
Due to the cold weather, dry wind and bright sunlight, winter becomes one tough season for the skin. Hence, the normal skincare regimen is not enough. Boost your routine with these tips for glowing and healthy skin during winter.
Why Winter Is Different?
When the temperature drops, skin loses moisture and becomes dry. The temperature difference between the outdoors and the warm indoors causes evaporation of the skin’s natural moisture, which can cause patches of oily and dry skin. During the winter, Skin reacts differently for different individuals, but many experiences their skin becoming extra sensitive, drying and peeling off.
- The most common winter skin problems
Whether it’s cold and dry or humid, the climate can really affect the skin all over your body, causing anything from acne breakouts to itchy dry patches. Extremes in weather can exacerbate some existing skin conditions or even cause new ones.
Winter brings extreme dryness to the skin of the face, hands, and feet. For some people, the problem worsens when dry skin results in flaking, cracking, eczema (inflamed skin), psoriasis, winter rash, dry skin, dehydrated skin, chapped skin, keratosis pilaris breakout, chapped lips, red nose, dry cuticles, overproduction of sebum and winter itch. Such skin conditions can be aggravated in the winter. Cold temperatures mean low humidity, which dries out skin. Throughout the winter, many people find their skin to be rough, red, tightened, cracked or peeling because of dryness.
- How To Take Care of Skin?
Winter is the season when you need to adjust your skincare routines. But, if you have combination to oily skin, you worry that using richer, emollient moisturizers will make your oily areas even more oily. To prevent winter’s impact, one doesn’t have to clog pores or make skin feel greasy, not if you know which types of products to use. We at SSCPL Herbals have got several tips for you, with just a few simple modifications to your current skincare routine.
- Hot water baths are relaxing, but they strip the skin off of essential oils. Use lukewarm water followed by moderate cold water shower so that the moisture is locked in and your pores are closed.
- Keep shower time short.
- Use humidifiers in your rooms so the air is infused with moisture. This will prevent your skin from drying out. Maintain humidity inside your home.Enhance moisture levels by using a humidifier and maintaining the ideal humidity level within 35-50%.
- Don’t rub your skin. Instead, pat dry. Rubbing will only worsen dryness and may damage the skin.
- Stay away from harsh soaps. Instead, switch to moisture-rich soaps which are gentle to the skin. Or use Mild Face wash to cleanse your skin.
* SSCPL Herbals provides you wide range of face wash and soap options as per your skin. Click here and pick one.
Moisturize right after bathe when the skin is fresh and damp so that the dampness is absorbed by the skin and it stays moisturized for long. Oily skin needs light moisturizers while dry skin requires heavy moisturizers. We have an excellent range of lotion and moisturizers that would work beautifully on your skin.
* SSCPL Herbals provides you wide range of moisturizing lotion options as per your skin. Click here and pick one.
- Choose the right fabric. Stay comfortable by keeping your skin away from irritants. Always use breathable fabric.
- Boost your immunity. Bacterial, fungal and viral infections may be experienced in winter can be controlled by staying healthy. To evade off winter skin problems, you should maintain good hygiene, get enough sleep, eat healthily and exercise.
- Stay free from stress. If you’re dealing with emotional stress, take time to relax. Exercise, yoga, and meditation are just some of the ways to beat stress.
- Drink a lot of water during winters. Also, consuming concoction of honey, lemon, and ginger helps a lot.
- Collagen keeps the skin firm and smooth. Hence, eat collagen-rich foods such as tomatoes, red peppers, spinach, salmon, carrots, strawberries during winter.
* We have an excellent range of collagen based products like modelling mask, Facial kits, Cream that would work like magic on your skin.
If your facial skin is too dry, avoid using harsh peels off masks, and alcohol-based toners or astringents, all of which can strip essential oil from your skin. Use cleansing milk or mild foaming cleanser, a toner with no alcohol, and masks that are deeply hydrating. We have an excellent range of cleansing milk that would work like magic on your skin.
*Click here and pick one
Moisturize your skin with appropriate cream twice a day. Choose an oil-based moisturizer, rather than water-based, as the oil will form a protective layer on the skin that retains more moisture.
*Click here and pick one
Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to face, feet and hands about 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply frequently if you stay outside for a longer time.
* We have an excellent range of sunscreen products. Click here and pick one
Herbal products are obtained from various natural herbs and plants. Unlike chemical based products, herbal products help to address almost any and every type of skin condition without any side-effects. Chemical based products may develop skin allergies, premature aging and irritations. Herbal products contain powerful antioxidants which effectively treat the skin and nourish it. Hence, it is beneficial to choose a skin-care product with more than 90% natural and herbal ingredients.